วันศุกร์ที่ 22 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2559

Learning Log 3


Date: 22/07/2016



    This week I joined the seminar in my major which was about applying linguistics for teaching by Miss. Budsaba Kanoksilapatham. I learned many useful things from her. For examples, The English teachers had to know the pedagogy or teaching methods and Linguistic competence. I learned a way to pronounce the letter “h”, consonant sounds (think, thank, them, the) and vowel sounds (guess, said, bread, friend, full-fool, back-bag) I also learned the ways to stress vocabulary such as the words permit, character, ceremony, amaze, catastrophe, bibliography, evaluation, majority, or hippopotamus, etc.  In addition, I learned a collocations such as economic crisis, situation policy, red rose, black and white, etc. I learned Pragmatics. It was the way to act or communicate with a person who didn’t want a direct answer but the action. Moreover, I learned some tips of Sociolinguistics which was an appropriate language to use for appropriate situation and people. I could identify the Semantics, which was American English and British English. For instance, eraser, pants are NAmE but rubber, trousers are BrE. Besides, I knew the meaning of some word such as astound is stronger than surprise. I learned Discourse which liked the pattern in English and Corpus which had a lot of important and useful information for teachers. From this opportunity to join the seminar, I learned many important thing in Linguistics and it could inspired me to improve my skills and be a good English teacher in the future.



0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 

Computer Application in English Language Teaching Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design